Thursday, June 21, 2007

76, rue de Seine 75006

I had planned to post on something else entirely
but I came across these lush Gerard Mulot pastries
and didn't want to deprive you this morning...
Or myself for that matter :)
I keep coming back to Mulot...
Here's repeat performance by these Chantilly lovelies...
For one thing Gerard Mulot opens at 6:30 AM !
AND open on Mondays.
AND his patisserie is on a corner (rue de Seine and rue Lobineau)

So there are two banks of windows to browse before entering!
(An important factor if you want to leche le vitrine)
Unlike secretive Pierre Herme, who keeps his treasures inside.
His doorway is a sort of curtain you push through
No sneak peeks there.
Here Mulot's marron glace...
I couldn't not show Mulot's macarons again could I?
He's got a book out too..
I always have my eye out for anything lemony...
Here the Tarte au Citron Meringuee.
If you go earlyish, they wheel out these carts of petit fours for you to gaze at longingly...
Well, some people are gazing at them longingly
:)
I'll WILL taste this next trip...

16 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:48 AM

    That is it, I am going to the bakery this afternoon and eating a million pastries. Though they are not as good as Mulot's, they are nevertheless French and very good too.
    Your posting of all these pastries made my tastebuds scream.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carol, and to think, all I had this morning was toast with my coffee. I think I need to raise money for a trip to Paris since I have never been! Deprived as I am, your blog helps! ~Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:43 AM

    Oh nooooooooooooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous9:44 AM

    Seriously Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gawwwwwwd these look just wonderful.

    I'm so ashamed to admit that I ate really crappy vanilla ice cream topped with tasteless chocolate hot fudge topping last night. What a waste of calories.

    I promise myself, right here and now, if sweets are going to be consumed they should be of the highest quality.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous10:12 AM

    My "Laduree Boxes" painting arrived via UPS yesterday, and I couldn't be more pleased with it. The colors are sweeter and more delicate that I thought possible, and it's such a beautiful addition to my little home office. Mille mercis, Carol, for parting with your babies last week!

    Amities,
    Marsi

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mulot is one of my favorite!Their "flans" (baked custard) are the best in Paris!(according to me)I am a flan maniac but it's not very attractive to paint!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drooling! everything looks so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. BRIDGET Some pastries are just IMPOSSIBLE to paint!!!

    THANK YOU! MARSI

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog, he is amazing!!!!!
    Visit my blog, he is new, and i want to know your impressions
    Thanks
    Vera Milunovic

    http://ceramicaedicaolimitada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous11:22 AM

    Oh la la!

    Please tell me what the pastry balls are in the bowl that looks like it has a sugary syrup and a vanilla bean in it?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Those are marron glace GRACE
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so cruel. You keep doing posts like this when the only sweet thing I have in the cupboard is Frosties.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just love your post today. It waiting for me as I had my breakfast of eggs & edamame-...it's summer, got to fit into my bikini but I will indulge in your photos any day...thank you Carol!

    Asia
    ps. I added a link to PB to my site.....

    ReplyDelete
  15. Extract from life all the sweetness you can.
    Fabulous.
    Love Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gerard Mullot is my hero!
    Our hotel in Paris (3 days to get away from the family in Chevreuse) was right across from his shop in the 6th. I am on a quest to break the code for his cerisai cake.
    His macarons are excellent!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you