Thursday, November 30, 2006

Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!

Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!
Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!, watercolor on paper, 12" x 15"


Everyone raves about Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN.
So on my last day in Paris I thought I better do due dilligence and eat one.
Better arrive at the shop as they open the doors at 10am, unless you like waiting on line...

Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!
The Ispahan is composed of 2 almond (à la rose) macarons, raspberry gelée, + fresh raspberries. Hermé has made quite
a few versions of this combo... Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN! "Mr H Ispahan"(c) arrived perfectly intact back to my hotel room.

No berries decided to walk in transit as they had on someone else's creation :)

Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!

I kept seeing versions of the Ispahan where ever I looked in Paris...This table again :)

Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN!

On rue de Seine, another version...what do you think?

no longer Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN

An older version... Hermé created the Ispahan when he was still working at Ladurée. But some say it lacks his finess now.

NOT Pierre Hermé's ISPAHAN I was lucky to see the original version of the Ispahan in Jahan square before Persia/Iran closed it's doors. I wondered what was the relationship? Color or shape..?

It's the Persian Rose syrup that makes the Ispahan Ispahanian!

I'm sorry to report that "last-day-in-Paris-angst" made me wolf down this petit-four too quickly.
I'll just have to go back and conduct a more leisurely tasting of this famous treat...

14 comments:

  1. Ballad to the rose!
    My favorite perfume
    and macaron!
    Delicious details
    Parisbreakfast,
    and invitingly charming!
    With the Russian paintings complete you are going to spoil us with your treats, vraiment!!

    Wow, what a beautiful photo of Ispahan in jahan square!! Lucky traveler you are!

    Thank you for filling in the history and color of these creations with your knowledge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:34 AM

    I think I wolf down your posts, but I keep coming back and relish them again. They're so delicious, what's makes them carolian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous1:57 PM

    Oh revered rose
    of Isphahan.

    Your image appears
    on rug and kilam.

    Who knew
    Tom Cruise
    Would choose
    to call his kitten,
    Suri,
    Meaning "rose" in Persian.

    And Pierre Hermé
    Created another version,
    An edible homage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous3:32 PM

    A nice way to end your stay in Paris!

    ReplyDelete
  5. :o) I love how artists see things...such a link..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anonymous8:15 PM

    Oh Carol!
    You remembered!
    Thank you so much - it's a gorgeous and fitting rendition of his pastry!
    Hope you enjoyed eating it...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my! - almond macaroons and raspberries, that must be divine! What a combination! Beautiful painting, love the way you get such beautiful soft tones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. F-A-N-T-A-S-T-I-Q-U-E!!!
    You´re not only a delicate and expresive watercolour painter,you know how to tell an interesting story.
    Bravo,Carol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I still haven't had the ispahan! BOOO!!!

    soon, soon.

    I love that painting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:51 AM

    I LOVE the flat, round HOT PINK of that dessert next to the flat, round of the table top. And then theres the cache pot thing sitting on the pillow!
    Good comparisons..

    ReplyDelete
  11. a lovely painting and post! I love the way you gave us such insight to the beautiful pink dessert.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Vincent4:31 AM

    At the age of 72 my father declared it was the best cake he ever had.

    My father and mother were visiting me and my boyfriend in Paris. He is still telling everybody about the main event, eating the Ispahan, how good it was. But also about how expensive it was... BUT it was worth al the money!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Gorgeous watercolor, Carol! And I love it that it's called the Persian Rose syrup - there's nothing better than a Rose from Isphahan!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anonymous6:30 PM

    Great watercolor!!

    ReplyDelete

Love hearing from you